If you want to get your finances in order and don’t know where to start, then you need to be visiting the Bogleheads on at least a weekly basis. We often type “Bogleheads” and whatever questions we have into google and click on the links that come up. Just starting out and want to know the difference between FSA’s and HSA’s? Go to the Bogleheads. Want to save money on cooking? Yes, there’s even a few Bogleheads discussion threads on Instant Pots.
With that being said, DH has returned to give you all a top five picks of the Bogleheads for the month. In our next post, B.C. will return with a 5 part (!) series where we share our scar tissue from our amazing trip to Machu Picchu. Continue reading “The financial website that will save you millions of dollars”
Greetings this week to Best of Bogleheads 5!
1) This thread discussed “excessive emergency room charges – options”—very interesting to read. The White Coat Investor chimed in with some good comments. Continue reading “Weekly Bogleheads’ Top 5 Posts (from DH)”
Welcome back to this week’s Bogleheads’ Top 5!
1) This thread is a patient (dougger5) whose PCP is requiring $120 upfront fee prior to being seen. Various opinions on this—what do you think?
Continue reading “Bogleheads’ Weekly Top 5 (from DH)”
Greetings and welcome again to the Best of the Bogleheads!
B.C. apologizes for the late posting, but wifi was erratic at our campsite this past weekend. And since our kids are still in this precious snapshot of time where they love camping and scampering around catching geckos, we figured you’d be understanding about the delay. Now we’re back home, gearing up for school to start next week, and no longer carrying geckos around gently in leaves. 😉
So without further ado, the weekly top five picks: Continue reading “Weekly Top 5 Bogleheads’ Posts (from DH)”
Today’s installment of the Best of Bogleheads is a good one.
1) First up is a useful thread on student loans, with several helpful links. It was originally started by Truepat76 way back in 2017. but re-posted by Skeptastic this past week especially to point out a useful link on PSLF. Many docs chime in.
2) Beautiful graphs from SimpleGift regarding inflation over two centuries, where we are today, and what the implications are for investors.
3) InvestoGuy who reveals his dilemma regarding Tesla and insurance cost.
4) A thread begun by Bertilak regarding cell phone cold calls and how to prevent them.
5) Milo953 asks what the Boggleheads think about the Peloton spin bike—is it worth the cost? I thoroughly enjoy cycling and as several docs and nurses have purchased and like them, I found the thread very interesting.
Bonus: (started by JustSomeGuy155) discusses a journal article discussing placement of bonds or stocks in taxable?
Anyway, hope you found this helpful (or at least enjoyed it) and have a remarkable week!
Greetings to all and welcome to the next installment of the Best of Bogleheads! Continue reading “Weekly Bogleheads’ Top 5 from DH”
Welcome back for another week of the Best of Bogleheads!
Before we get to the threads, I’d like to acknowledge tragic news we’ve heard from back home. The daughter of our next door neighbor unexpectedly died the other day. She was an adorable child and will be missed dearly.
Please send good wishes / prayers for strength for her family during this difficult time. And give your loved ones a hug today.
1) First up is a hard to find video link found by Rowan Oak of an educational video produced by author Rick Ferri. Continue reading “Bogleheads’ Weekly Top 5 Posts”