The financial website that will save you millions of dollars
If you want to get your finances in order and don’t know where to start, then you need to be visiting the Bogleheads on at least a weekly basis. We often type “Bogleheads” and whatever questions we have into google and click on the links that come up. Just starting out and want to know the difference between FSA’s and HSA’s? Go to the Bogleheads. Want to save money on cooking? Yes, there’s even a few Bogleheads discussion threads on Instant Pots.
With that being said, DH has returned to give you all a top five picks of the Bogleheads for the month. In our next post, B.C. will return with a 5 part (!) series where we share our scar tissue from our amazing trip to Machu Picchu.
Greetings to the Best of Bogleheads! A bunch has happened recently for those who use ETF’s or individual stocks. Several firms have gone to commission-free models!
1) Indexfundfan resurrects an old thread here on page 3, from Sept 26th, to let us know Interactive Brokers has announced commission free stock and ETF trades! A few day later, MFInvestor points out that Schwab has also dropped commissions on all ETF’s, stocks, and options. While GoPackGo notifies us that TDAmeritrade has followed suit. And E-trade as well as well, as pointed out by genjix.
And to wrap it up, Cash lets us know that Fidelity is also on board.
2) Shallowpockets discovers paying for things in Spain may be better via credit card than ATM withdrawal. Other responders bring up other nations.
3) Arengaarajsug88 asks and receives advice about leather dress shoes.
4) Should an eye surgeon keep a 5-year-old Tesla? Hear that people? That means you can go out and buy a used Tesla!
5) Adam61 asks if solar power systems can be financially worth it, and the responses are unique.
(Editor’s note: See you in two weeks, when we kick off our Machu Picchu trip blog series. Until then, if you would like to follow our journey so we can help you with FIRE strategies and learn the truths we’ve discovered, please sign up as a subscriber. And if you found this post helpful, I’d appreciate it if you please shared it on social media using the button below. Thanks!)